The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) has developed a Proficiency Testing Program for Plastic Film Testing, supported by the ASTM Committee D20 on Plastics.
The program includes strengthening of following test methods:
- Tensile properties
- Propagation tear resistance (pendulum)
- Dart drop impact
- Tear resistance (graves tear)
- Puncture-propagation tear resistance
The program will assist laboratories in:
- Monitoring strengths and weaknesses
- Comparing test results with other laboratories worldwide
- Maintaining accreditation status
The first test cycle of the program begins in September 2015.