- On 8/4, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) welcomes your input on the Draft 1 Version 1.0 ENERGY STAR® Large Network Equipment (LNE) specification, as well as the Draft 2 LNE Test Procedure developed by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Comments on these documents are due no later than August 29, 2014.
These documents can be found on the LNE development page: http://www.energystar.gov/products/spec/large_network_equipment_specification_version_1_0_pd
- On 8/12, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is pleased to provide you with the final Version 6.1 ENERGY STAR Program Requirements for Computers. EPA would like to thank the many stakeholders who have invested time and effort in this revision. The Version 6.1 requirements will take effect on September 10th, 2014.
- On 8/19, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would like to provide you with new information, updates, and reminders about the 2014 ENERGY STAR Products Partner Meeting being held October 27-29, 2014 in Phoenix, AZ.
Information on this partners meeting can be found on the ENERGY STAR site: http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=partners.pt_meetings
- On 8/27, on July 9, 2014, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), together with the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI), Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), and Japan Business Machine and Information System Industries Association (JBMIA), and ENERGY STAR® Certification Bodies (CBs), met to discuss ongoing data quality issues, program implementation consistency, and future specification efforts. The presentation materials and meeting summary are now posted on the Imaging Equipment Product Development page for Version 2. A follow-up virtual meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, September 24th, at 8:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (Washington, DC)/ September 25th at 9:00 am Japan Standard Time (Tokyo). Please register via email to [email protected] by Friday, September 19, 2014, to receive call-in information.
- On 8/27, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would like to inform you updates have been made to the Computers V6 Desktop, Notebook, and Integrated Desktop data requirements to accommodate a scope expansion to include slates/tablets, two-in-ones, and all-in-ones as part of the Computers V6.1 specification update. The updated XML web service for submitting data on products certified to the ENERGY STAR Computers V6.1 specification are now available. The full list of updates to the existing Computers V6.1 Desktop, Notebook, Integrated Desktop, Slate/tablet, and All-in-one web service are included in the attachment, marked in red.
- On 9/2, the U.S. Environmental Production Agency (EPA) welcomes your input on the Draft 2 Version 7.0 ENERGY STAR TV specification. Comments on Draft 2 are requested to be sent to EPA by Monday, September 29.
These documents can be found on the TV development page:
- On 9/5, the U.S. EPA issued a statement to stakeholders informing them that large format high performance ink jet printers and multi-function devices are now covered under the scope of the ENERGY STAR Imaging Equipment specification.
- On 9/5, US EPA included Large Format High Performance Ink Jet products in the version 2.0 ENERGY STAR Specification scope for Imaging Equipment. These units will be tested and subject to the Operational Mode (OM) requirements.
For any related technical inquiries, please contact Jarid Strike at [email protected].