UL’s ventilation testing and certification solutions help you anticipate and avoid vulnerabilities in your ventilation system products
Due to rising energy costs and increasing awareness of the effects of climate change, emerging ventilation product trends include innovations that are both smart and sustainable. To capitalize on these trends, ventilation product manufacturers need to know their products meet all relevant standards for safety, efficiency, security and sustainability before they get to market.
Our experienced test engineers can help you to confirm that your ventilation system products comply to applicable standards and regulations to allow you to gain entry to major markets without the delays associated with redesigns.
We provide comprehensive compliance and certification solutions for ventilation products including:
- Air conditioning accessories
- Air handling units
- Exhaust appliances
- Electric fans
- Hood and duct accessories
- Industrial and commercial ventilators
- Smoke extractors
Demonstrate what your ventilation products do best
When you work with UL, you can choose from among our world-class ventilation testing, certification and advisory services. As the world’s first comprehensive indoor air quality certification and preventative maintenance program, UL’s GREENGUARD Mark communicates to customers that your ventilation product complies with top indoor air quality standards.
Good ventilation can in fact remove pollutants such as toxins and carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air and is critical in combating condensation that can lead to mold in areas that lack air circulation.
UL Marketing Claim Verification adds credibility to your advertising claims by providing independent third-party proof that your products perform as claimed.
Work with UL for your ventilation product testing. Our expert engineers can help you:
- Assess certification needs and help you navigate the complex certification process.
- Verify the energy efficient operation of your ventilation products through our expanded energy efficiency compliance solutions.
- Get the certifications you need to enter your ventilation products into global markets through our Global Market Access program.
- Give your customers confidence that the connected features of your ventilation products are compliant with relevant requirements.
- Identify indoor environmental issues with indoor air quality (IAQ) testing from UL. Our IAQ testing gives building engineers, owners and managers information to help quickly resolve their indoor environmental issues.
Verification takes the guesswork out of keeping your ventilation product design timeline on track
As the global safety science leader, UL can help you address critical certification challenges with confidence. Before you bring your ventilation innovations to market, be sure your products meet local and regional regulations. Involve us early in your design process and count on our engineers to perform prototype evaluations, product performance benchmarking and reliability testing.
Our engineers prioritize safety and value throughout our service portfolio. You can select services a la carte or bundle them to realize even greater value. UL’s suite of services includes:
- Standards training and advisory services
- Safety certification and testing
- Competitive product benchmarking
- IoT connectivity
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Performance and energy efficiency evaluations for markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- Product reliability and brand protection