Following highly publicized cases of substandard products, product quality is high on the public agenda in China. Chinese consumers demand higher quality goods from homegrown and foreign brands alike. The Chinese government is taking proactive steps to improve product quality by setting national standards known as GB across various industries. It is essential for foreign brands to comply with applicable Chinese national and industrial standards for successful entry into China.
The GB process involves more than just qualification approval. Authorities conduct frequent spot checks and market surveillance to ensure products maintain compliance postlaunch. The focus is to track the quality of products in China and enforce the latest requirements.
Our services include:
- Product testing
- Chemical management review
- Care instructions and label review
- Risk assessment
- Formulation of client specific enterprise protocols
- UL can issue reports on behalf of the China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment (CNAS) and the China Inspection Body and Laboratory Mandatory Approval (CMA).
- UL cooperates with Shanghai Nanhui Entry-exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau to provide faster and more efficient service to customers. The Nanhui Entry-exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau accepts UL’s textile test report as mandatory.
- UL’s Shanghai laboratory is approved by the Shanghai Administration for Industry to perform market supervision and spot checks.
- UL keeps up-to-date with Chinese government policy and regulatory changes, and thus provides valuable insight to customers.
- UL can offer online label approval for certain brands.
As an industry leader with a global service network and in-depth understanding of product testing requirements, UL Consumer and Retail Services can conduct GB tests based on Chinese national standards to help accelerate your speed-to-market.
We actively participate in standardization work in China and track market trends. Our team is well-versed in China’s regulations, which means that we can help you minimize compliance risks and safety challenges when entering the market.