Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) testing
With more than 15 years’ experience in Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) testing, you can rely on our industry-leading expertise to help you meet the requirements needed to launch your radio frequency (RF) products quickly and efficiently while mitigating the risk of a costly recall.
- Global reach – testing and certification in all country markets
- Full-service SAR laboratories – accredited by numerous regulatory agencies, major market governments and Vodafone
- Tailored testing solutions – enhanced process efficiency and streamlined testing cycles designed around your requirements
- Leading engineers – practical advice and support to help ensure you get the test results you need to launch on time
SAR testing benefits
SAR testing is important because it measures the amount of RF energy absorbed by biological tissue when using a wireless device over a period of time. This testing allows you to demonstrate that your product complies with international established RF exposure SAR limits. We can test to all current SAR standards at every stage of your product development cycle, confirming compliance to the legal and market human RF exposure requirements.
Even more so, we have the resources to provide accreditation worldwide. We perform SAR testing to numerous global standards, including CE, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), IC, Japan and the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA).
Partner with UL for SAR testing
With so many resources at our fingertips, we can fully support your testing needs from concept to completion. By integrating our expertise into your product development, we can help you avoid costly errors and accelerate time to market. Our customized testing solutions enhance process efficiency and reduce testing cycles, helping ensure that you make the most of your time.
Plus, our global presence lets us deliver local expertise in local languages across the world. With our Global Market Access program, you can seamlessly combine your SAR testing with other UL services, including product safety certification for the UL Mark.
Access an introduction to SAR testing for wireless devices
Watch this webinar to gain an introductory understanding of some of the most important facets of starting SAR testing. During the video, you'll acquire these central points:
- Learn what SAR testing is and when it is usually applied
- Insight into SAR testing standards.
- Learn how UL can help you meet the global requirements for specific absorption rate (SAR) testing and certification worldwide