UL is offering expedited and remote support to deliver essentials services and support our customers. When allowed, we are using remote sample management, remote witnessing and video conferencing, virtual engineer and video witnessing testing, and 1:1 document reviews.
We have developed emergency call Standards, and our experts have specific knowledge of the intent behind the Standards. This uniquely enables us to support manufacturers that wish to bring to market innovative new technology that falls outside the existing requirements.
- UL 1069 Standard for Hospital Signaling and Nurse Call Equipment – This Standard applies to the traditional equipment found in the hospital environment. More and more with wireless technologies, these systems also require interoperability and interference reliability testing to demonstrate they will continue to function in the noisy environments often found in acute care situations.
- UL 2560 Standard for Emergency Call Systems for Assisted Living and Independent Living Facilities – Introduced in 2011, the UL 2560 Standard was driven by industry to address the special environmental challenges outside of a hospital, but within close proximity to health care providers.
We can provide integrated test plans to meet two or more standards concurrently, minimizing redundant testing and saving time.
- Gap assessments
- Testing in our world class facilities for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), software validation and wireless security
- The UL Certification Mark demonstrates to consumers, health care providers and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) that new technologies comply with the requirements
Global market acceptance
- UL was founded in 1894 and possesses more than 100 years of operational experience.
- We operate in more than 143 countries.
- We have issued more CB Test Certificates than any other body.
- UL reports and certifications are recognized and accepted around the world.
- UL Marks appear on more than 22 billion products globally.
- We provide tools, such as technical briefings and white papers, to help industries understand requirements.
Comprehensive testing and certification services
- We offer field evaluations, on-site training and can come to you for testing.
- Services range from full compliance testing/evaluation to prescans and other preliminary testing.
- Our engineers will work with you from design through conception and production.
- Our engineers average more than 10 years of experience in the industry.
- We have more than 11 industries business units in the UL company portfolio.
Knowledge of global standards and regulatory requirements
- Our scope covers many markets, i.e., the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the South Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, the European Union’s In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Directive, EU Medical Devices Directive (MDD).
- We have helped to set more than 1,600 standards defining safety, security, quality and sustainability.
- UL engineers partner with standards committees, such as AAMI, ANSI and government bodies.
- We have an FDA recognized consensus Standard, UL 2900, for cybersecurity.
- 159 UL laboratories for testing and certification worldwide
- Tailored testing solutions, using software automation to enhance process efficiency, analyze results, and reduce testing cycles
- More than 10 accredited UL laboratories around the world