UL-CASP UL 4600 Training with Optional Certification Exam
UL Solutions won an AutoTech Breakthrough Award! To celebrate, we are offering a limited-time discount on select automotive trainings. Learn more.
Autonomous vehicle safety training course overview
This 2.5-day training course focuses heavily on UL 4600, the Standard for Evaluation of Autonomous Products. Discussion topics include safety principles, tools, techniques and life cycle processes for building and evaluating the safety of fully autonomous vehicles. Throughout the course, participants will learn how to build a safety framework for autonomous products, starting with autonomous vehicles (AVs), autonomous robotics, off-road and fleet vehicles, and other areas where AV safety is paramount.
What does this training cover?
- Introduction to AVs and associated technology
- Introduction to AV safety frameworks
- The UL 4600 approach for autonomous vehicle safety
- UL 4600 scope and definitions
- Why safety is critical to success
- Risk assessment
- Interaction with humans and road users
- Autonomy functions and support
- Software and system engineering processes
- Data and networking
- Verification, validation and testing
- Tool qualification, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and legacy components
- Life cycle concerns
- Metrics and safety performance indicators (SPIs)
- Safety assessment
- Other relevant AV safety standards
- Wrap-up and discussion topics
Optional UL Certified Autonomy Safety Professional exam
Participants who complete all 2.5 days of training are eligible to take a two-hour certification exam on the afternoon of the third day. Those who pass the exam earn individual certification as UL Certified Autonomy Safety Professionals (UL-CASP) in UL 4600. Upon successfully completing the UL-CASP exam, participants will receive a certificate and badge that they can use to demonstrate their competence in the UL 4600 AV safety Standard. The certification is valid for three years, after which individuals may recertify.
Why should I take this training?
Upon successful completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand safety case frameworks
- Gain familiarity with AV development considerations for safety
- Develop an understanding of effective techniques to overcome common pitfalls
Who is this training for?
- AV hardware and software developers
- Simulation engineers working with advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and AV verification
- Test and validation engineers
- Project and product leaders
- Compliance engineers
Why choose UL Solutions?
From materials testing to supply chain management, new energy options to security and interoperability solutions, leverage our expertise and insights to navigate the global regulatory landscape and bring your products to market.
UL Solutions’ global network of technical experts and state-of-the-art facilities helps manufacturers gain the knowledge they need to achieve their compliance credentials that are essential to compete in a more complex global supply chain.
Knowledge you can trust – Our experienced staff can support you from the initial design stage of product development through testing and production. Our experts can assist you in understanding the certification requirements for your specific markets.
Speed and efficiency – Our cost-effective systems and state-of-the-art facilities can help accelerate your time to market.
Single-source provider – UL Solutions can help you meet all your compliance needs and, by bundling safety, performance and interoperability services, can also help you save valuable time and money.
Global reach and access – Our global network of expert engineers can help you understand the various national and global requirements for your specific market application.
UL 4600, Standard for Evaluation of Autonomous Products
ISO 21448:2022, Road Vehicles – Safety of the Intended Functionality
ISO 26262:2018, Road Vehicles – Functional Safety
ISO/SAE 21434:2021, Road Vehicles – Cybersecurity Engineering