UL-CCSP in Automotive Training
Software and hardware in electronic systems have become key differentiating factors in today’s automobile design and development. With the rising role of electronics in automobiles, cybersecurity has increasingly become a critical aspect of overall product requirements.
Our comprehensive course will enable participants to gain a good understanding of the security processes, related standards and their impact on the automotive industry, provided by a UL Solutions cybersecurity expert. Exercises and examples are used within the presentation to show how the requirements and concepts of various concepts and standards are applied.
The release of the ISO/SAE 21434 standard in August 2021 provides automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and their supplier base with a set of requirements and a framework to standardize their cybersecurity efforts. This three-day course is designed to help engineers, developers, project leaders and quality managers gain a better understanding of the security processes required by the ISO/SAE 21434 standard. During the training, a UL Solutions expert will walk through exercises and examples to show attendees how requirements and concepts in the ISO/SAE 21434 standard are applied.
ISO/SAE 21434 training topics
- Overview, background, scope and need of ISO/SAE 21434:2021
- Cybersecurity management
- Cybersecurity policy
- Cybersecurity culture
- Tailoring of cybersecurity activities
- Concept phase
- Threat analysis and risk assessment (TARA)
- Assigning cybersecurity goals
- Cybersecurity concept
- Product development
- System design
- System integration
- Cybersecurity validation
- Continual cybersecurity activities
- Cybersecurity monitoring
- Cybersecurity event evaluation
- Vulnerability analysis and management
- Production, operation, maintenance and decommissioning
Optional UL-CCSP exam
Participants who complete the three-day training are eligible to take a two-hour certification exam on the afternoon of the third day. Those who pass the exam become a UL Certified Cybersecurity Professional in Automotive, or UL-CCSP.
Upon successfully completing the UL-CCSP exam, participants will receive a certificate and badge they can use to demonstrate their competence in cybersecurity for automotive systems. The certification is good for three years, after which individuals may recertify.
Why should I take this training?
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the contents and purpose of the ISO/SAE 21434 standard and have a good overview of the regulatory ecosystem regarding cybersecurity in the automotive industry.
- Have an improved awareness of cyber threats and the necessity to include cybersecurity in all stages of product development.
- Become familiar with real-life attacks in the automotive domain.
- Define the state of the art in terms of security in the embedded and automotive ecosystems, and the main cybersecurity concepts, e.g., assets, threats, threat agents, attacks, attack vectors, attack surface, vulnerabilities, risks, mitigations, etc.
- Gain an overview of existing threats and countermeasure methods.
Who should take this training?
- Engineers of organizations involved in engineering design and development of automotive electrical and electronic systems and sub-systems
- Experienced developers, project leaders, quality managers and testers who are developing secure components in automotive that will be based on the ISO/SAE 21434 standard
- Managers seeking a better understanding of the cybersecurity of automotive electronic systems and the ISO/SAE 21434 standard
- Quality and safety professionals intended to be engaged in ISO/SAE 21434 compliance
Why choose UL Solutions?
From materials testing to supply chain management, new energy options to security and interoperability solutions, leverage our expertise and insights to navigate the global regulatory landscape and bring your products to market.
Our global network of technical experts and advanced facilities, along with our long-standing relationships with regulatory authorities, partner laboratories and industry technical leaders, help manufacturers gain the compliance credentials they need to compete in a more complex global supply chain.
- Knowledge you can trust – Our experienced staff will support you from the initial design stage of product development through testing and production. Our experts can assist you in understanding the certification requirements for your specific markets.
- Speed and efficiency – Our cost-effective systems and high-tech facilities and help accelerate your time to market.
- Single-source provider – UL Solutions meets all of your compliance needs and, by bundling safety, performance and interoperability services, also helps save you valuable time and money.
- Global reach and access – Our global network of expert engineers helps you understand the various national and global requirements for your specific market application.
ISO/SAE 21434:2021 – Road vehicles – Cybersecurity engineering
ISO 26262:2011 – Road vehicles – Functional Safety
Automotive SPICE® for Cybersecurity