May 6, 2022
The Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark and badge system are designed to respond to evolving certification and expanding global marketplace needs. All customers using any variation of the UL Listed and UL Classified Marks can switch at no cost to the enhanced or smart UL Mark.
Advantages of using the enhanced Mark include the ability to
- Clearly and quickly demonstrate compliance
- Enhance communications with authorities and consumers
- Bundle multiple UL certifications into a single Mark
- Reduce the space needed to display multiple UL Marks for global access
- Provide instant access to certification information and your customizable webpage via a QR code on the Mark (smart Mark)
The Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark features
- Geographic codes – The Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark uses a two-digit International Organization for Standardization (ISO) country code to indicate the geography whose standards are used for certification.
- Increased traceability – Each enhanced UL Mark has a unique identifier, typically the file number, providing the increased visibility vital in the global market.
- Easy access to product information – Scanning the embedded QR code in smart versions of the Enhanced Mark or badge provides quick access to additional certification information.
- Amplified marketability – The Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark system also offers a separate, promotional badge for greater flexibility in marketing initiatives.
You can quickly build and preview Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark and badge designs and configure your product certification page at markshub.UL.com. Registration is required to access the Marks Hub, and access is limited to UL’s customers.
Dynamic artwork tool
The Marks Hub is home to a dynamic artwork tool where you can build and preview your own Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark and badge designs and submit them for UL’s review.
Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark guidelines
The Marks Hub features Enhanced and Smart UL Certification Mark guidelines where users can review acceptable uses, requirements and variations of marks and badges.
Smart Mark and badge certification page
The Marks Hub is also where UL’s customers create certification pages for smart UL Marks and badges. The product page is a feature of the smart UL Mark and badge. By scanning the QR code or searching the unique ID found in a smart UL Mark or badge, users can access a certification page hosted by UL.
This page contains UL product certification details and customer contact information.
Creating a certification page
UL’s Marks Hub guides you through the process of configuring a certification page as you build your smart UL Mark or badge. Once the smart UL Mark or badge is approved by UL, we deploy the certification page. The page is hosted on UL.com in perpetuity.
Accessing a certification page
Most users will access the mobile version of a certification page by scanning the QR code in the smart UL Mark or badge with their smart device. Desktop computer users can also access the certification page by entering the unique ID found in a smart UL Mark or badge in the Marks Hub search. No registration is required for users to access a product page.
Update your Mark today
The Enhanced Mark delivers greater transparency and efficiency for the market today. To learn more or convert your Mark today, visit the Marks Hub.