- How can I be sure that proprietary information will be kept confidential?
Confidentiality is a very important aspect of our work at UL and is outlined in the application form that UL sends to customers at the beginning of projects. Furthermore, UL employees must sign an application form which contains a confidentiality clause when applying for employment at UL.
- Can I obtain the test results from the investigation of a UL product?
Data developed during the course of an investigation is proprietary. UL signs a contractual agreement with all customers stating we will maintain confidentiality and refrain from disclosing third party information obtained in confidence. You can, however, purchase a copy of the appropriate Standard that indicates the requirements a manufacturer of a particular product will have to meet in order to obtain UL Listing, Recognition or Classification.
Complaint Handling FAQ
- Who can make a complaint?
Any person may lodge a complaint regarding a UL Certification, a UL service or a UL Standard.
- How can complaints be sent to UL?
Please follow the links below to file a complaint:
- To report a concern about a UL Certification, please contact our market surveillance team.
- Complaints about UL services can be sent to our customer experience center or directly to one of our local offices.
- For complaints or appeals regarding UL Standards, more information is available in our Standards section.
- When will UL provide a reply?
All customer complaints are generally acknowledged within 48 hours.
- How will UL provide a reply?
The results of any investigation and issue resolution is communicated via telephone or e-mail. Progress reports are provided upon request.
- Are complaints made public?
If it is determined through information provided by UL’s client, the complainant and our investigation that a communication should be made to the public, UL will issue a Public Notice.