UL Certified Artificial Intelligence Professional Training – Foundations Sell Sheet
UL Solutions won an AutoTech Breakthrough Award! To celebrate, we are offering a limited-time discount on select automotive trainings. Learn more.
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning have long since found their way into large parts of the industry. Success has most recently been achieved in autonomous driving, medical image processing and material testing. In the future, AI will play an even greater role in numerous industries and scenarios. To remain ready for this future, companies need to understand the basics of AI and machine learning.
Our training on machine learning offers a compact overview of the basics of machine learning theory and practice. You will receive the hands-on knowledge you need to integrate the enormous potential of artificial intelligence into your product portfolio and value chain.
This training is very practice-oriented. Half of it consists of applied exercises on a single topic. You will learn the relevant methods and practices around machine learning while focusing on artificial neural networks, the basis for deep learning.
What is covered in this training?
- Introduction and definition of terms.
- Use-cases and shortcomings of AI.
- Presentation of technologies used in the workshop, e.g., TensorFlow and Keras.
- Example architectures.
- Landscape of AI Methods
- Machine Learning methods, e.g., supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning.
- Traditional AI methods, e.g., heuristic-based techniques and symbolic AI.
- Advanced AI methods, e.g., self-supervised learning and transfer learning.
- Single-layer neuronal networks (perceptrons)
- Biological motivation.
- From biological to artificial neurons.
- Learning – optimization and gradient descent.
- Classification of multiple classes.
- Basic terms and tools
- Loss functions.
- Performance metrics.
- Data partitioning.
- Feature extraction, dimensionality reduction.
- Overfitting and countermeasures.
- Multi-layer neural networks
- Deep learning.
- Convolutional neural networks
- Introduction to convolution.
- Convolutional neural networks for image-based problems.
Why should we take this training?
Upon successful completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the terms and concepts used when creating and maintaining artificial intelligence systems.
- Understand the use-cases, drawbacks and underlying techniques of different artificial intelligence methods.
- Design, train and validate neural networks from scratch using state-of-the-art frameworks.
- Take the UL Certified Artificial Intelligence Professional – Foundations exam, which is a prerequisite for advanced certifications, e.g., on UL Certified Autonomy Safety Professional – Machine Learning.
Who is this training for?
- Software engineers, developers, data scientists, project leaders, quality managers and testing personnel who are developing artificial intelligence systems.
- Engineers working with advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous vehicle (AV) verification.
- Basic programming skills.
- PC (Windows, Linux, or Mac) with developer privileges (required for exercises).
Why choose UL Solutions?
From materials testing to supply chain management, new energy options to security and interoperability services, leverage our expertise and insights to help navigate the global regulatory landscape and bring your products to market.
Our global network of UL Solutions technical experts, state-of-the-art facilities, partner laboratories, expertise in regulations and close involvement in industry committees and activities help manufacturers gain compliance knowledge and credentials they need to complete in a more complex global supply chain.
Knowledge you can trust — Our experienced staff will support you from the initial design stage of product development through testing and production. Our experts can assist you in understanding the certification requirements for your specific markets.
Speed and efficiency — Our cost-effective systems and state-of-the-art facilities help you navigate regulatory complexity and accelerate your time to market.
Single-source provider — UL Solutions meets all your compliance needs and, by bundling safety, performance and interoperability services, also helps save you valuable time and money.
Global reach and access — Our global network of expert engineers helps you understand the various national and global requirements for your specific market application.