Renewables Grid Solutions
Power forecasting for renewable energy
As more grid-connected renewable energy projects are developed, power companies and grid operators/regulators increasingly recognize the need for accurate and timely renewable generation forecasts. These professionals also understand the need for long-range analyses of how fluctuating power from renewables impacts grid reliability, cost and operation.
These forecasts are customized for each individual wind and solar resource and are not simply control area aggregate predictions. We advance our forecasting techniques and implement cutting-edge strategies in our operational forecasting services through our client-driven solutions, 24/7 on-call support and the determination to remain at the forefront of scientific research.
Renewable energy forecasting services
- Individual plant and fleet power production forecasting
- Services to support real-time dispatch operations
- Minutes-, hours-, days-ahead and seasonal power and resource forecasting distributed energy resources (DER) forecasting
- Wind and solar power forecastability studies
- Services to support emergency management and response
- Load forecasting
- Forecasting for energy traders
- Dynamic line rating