Skip to main content
Building Envelope: Origin and Consequences of Moisture
Moisture can alter building envelope durability. Unwanted humidity can weaken building structures and compromise human health and safety. Learn how to avoid such harmful consequences in buildings.
THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBINAR IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.
Watch the video: Advisory Humidity Control
In this interactive webinar on moisture in the building envelope, we’ll discuss:
- The main roles of a building envelope
- The different sources of moisture that can cause premature damage to these envelopes
- The most common pathologies found in different types of envelopes
- Some rules of good construction practice to avoid the development of these pathologies
- The main methods of investigation of envelope failures related to these sources of moisture
Webinar date: Nov. 15, 2022
Speaker: Myles Carter, principal engineer, general manager, Advisory Services, UL Solutions Built Environment
- Present the various types of envelopes and their limitations/weaknesses with respect to moisture
- Identify the main sources of moisture that can affect the envelope
- Present various investigation methods
Attend an upcoming webinar
View upcoming webinars
Ready to elevate your industry IQ with insights and news from experts? Register for one of our upcoming events.
Get connected with our sales team
Thanks for your interest in our products and services. Let's collect some information so we can connect you with the right person.
You are leaving the UL Solutions website for an external site. UL Solutions structures this activity to be distinct and separate from its conformity assessment bodies.