March 9, 2021
In January 2021 the SIN List was updated with six new CAS numbers. This followed an agreed harmonized classification of a number of substances in ATP15. Three of these new SIN substances were also agreed as SVHCs by the ECHA Member State Committee and included in the REACH Candidate List.
Added on Jan. 22, the substances are:
- m-bis(2,3-epoxypropoxy)benzene; resorcinol diglycidyl ether — used in adhesives, sealants, paints and coatings and to manufacture plastics products;
- bis(2-(2-methoxyethoxy)ethyl) ether — often used in inks and toners;
- dioctyltin dilaurate — used in multiple applications, including adhesives, sealants, coatings and paints;
- bis(α,α-dimethylbenzyl) peroxide — used in polymer production;
- stannane, dioctyl-, bis(coco acyloxy) derivatives — used in a variety of applications, including as stabilisers and catalysts in the production of materials such as rubber and plastics; and
- butanone oxime, ethyl methyl ketoxime, ethyl methyl ketone oxime — applications include coatings and paints.
Jan. 22, 2021