April 7, 2022
On March 10, 2022, the National Lighting Bureau hosted an event titled “The Direction of Circadian Lighting and Circadian Science.” Randy Reid hosted and moderated the recorded panel discussion and live Q&A session.
Alongside Mt. Sinai’s Dr. Mark Rea and Dr. Mariana Figueiro, UL’s Adam Lilien joined the panel to discuss the future of circadian lighting and its effects on health. The interview began with some background information about Mt. Sinai and its research, as well as UL’s interest in this emerging topic. Other points of discussion covered included:
- The metrics behind measuring circadian stimulus
- Color in relation to circadian health
- The development of UL DG 24480, Design Guideline for Promoting Circadian Entrainment with Light for Day-Active People
- Dr. Figueiro’s summary of recent positive clinical results
- Dr. Rea’s comments on overcoming industry skepticism
Contact us to learn more about our circadian services, or view the full panel discussion from the National Lighting Bureau on YouTube.