September 23, 2019
By: Chen Ning
According to the previous Announcement of the State Council: GUOFA  No. 33, State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) decided to change the management of the following three categories from the Production License to Certification Implementation Requirement (CCC) Certification: explosion-proof electric apparatus, gas appliances and large refrigerators with a nominal capacity of over 500l.
The detailed implementation arrangements on this change are listed as follows:
1. Certification implementation date:
- Starting on Oct. 1, 2019, explosion-proof electric apparatus, gas appliances, and large refrigerators with a nominal capacity of more than 500l will be covered under the scope of CCC Certification, and the relative CCC applications will be accepted by those CCC Certification Offices (COs) accordingly.
- Starting on Oct. 1, 2020, the above products that have not obtained CCC certificates or without CCC certification marks will not be allowed to ship out of the factory, sell, import or be used in other business activities.
2. Working requirement for CCC COs:
- Based on the CCC Implementation Rules published by CNCA, each CCC CO authorized for the above products is required to work out the CO-level detailed implementation rules and complete the implementation rules filing work with CNCA before Sept. 25,2019.
In addition to the above, there are several other key messages for your reference: the designation process on the CCC COs and TOs for those product categories will start soon, and the specific designation results will be published by CNCA later on. The effective date for these changes is Oct. 1, 2020.