Accessing the EU market with connected products
Manufacturers developing connected products and targeting European markets for sales need to be aware of some key definitions, roles and organizations before placing their products on the EU market.
What you need to know about EU Notified Bodies and market surveillance authorities
This guide from UL Solutions provides insights specifically on the Notified Body and market surveillance authorities. The Notified Body is an organization designated by an EU country or through a mutual recognition agreement that certifies whether products meet European Union regulations and industry standards, while market surveillance authorities help ensure that products sold in the European Union conform to applicable laws and regulations, including the latest health and safety requirements.
The guide will answer questions such as:
- Which information should a declaration of conformity (DoC) contain?
- How is market surveillance performed?
- Who is my national market surveillance authority?
- What are the critical points when compiling the technical file?
- How does involving a Notified Body help manufacturers address regulatory requirements and minimize risk?
Download this guide to learn more and contact us for further clarifications or to request support from our Notified Body for EMC and Radio Equipment directives.