ARFF requires a high level of confidence in your equipment. Our comprehensive on-site inspection services can assess whether in-service ARFF vehicles perform as intended. These services, outlined below, include a series of tests based on NFPA 414 Standard for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Vehicles.
- Vehicle readiness tests
- Demonstrate that the vehicle is ready to respond
- Air system/air compressor test
- Electrical charging system test
- Vehicle response tests
- Demonstrate that the vehicle can get to the emergency scene
- Acceleration tests
- Top speed tests
- Brake operational test
- Vehicle/foam system operation tests
- Demonstrate that the vehicle can provide agent under normal operations
- Agent discharge pumping test
- Pump and maneuver test
- Primary turret flow rate test
- Foam system test
- Demonstrate that the system provides proper foam concentration
- Foam concentration test
For ARFF vehicles that have structural pumping capability, a fire pump performance test is available. This performance test is based on NFPA 1911, Standard for Inspection, Maintenance, Testing, and Retirement of In-Service Automotive Emergency Vehicles, and includes:
- Engine speed test
- Vacuum test
- Pumping test
- Pressure control test
- Priming device test
- Pressure gauge accuracy test
For ARFF vehicles with an extendable turret (articulating/telescoping boom), tests and inspections of the boom can be conducted to applicable requirements in NFPA 1911, 2017 Edition Chapter 22 – Performance Testing of Aerial Devices.
- Quick turnaround time – We’ll work with you to schedule inspections at your convenience.
- Affordable fee structure – Fees quoted include all travel and expenses. No surprise charges.
- Skilled auditors – Our team of technicians perform audits and inspections across a spectrum of industries. We can help you meet all NFPA requirements.
Why UL Solutions
We are an independent third-party testing organization and accredited by International Accreditation Services for inspection and testing systems on fire apparatus in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020 and other criteria for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection.