NSF/ANSI 332 was developed by the Resilient Floor Covering Institute (RFCI) with the assistance of NSF International through a multistakeholder committee. It is a tiered standard, with products achieving a certification level of conformant, silver, gold and platinum.
The standard is divided into six categories, based on a 90-point scale (plus Innovation):
- Product design: 30 points
- Product manufacturing: 29 points
- Long-term value: 9 points
- End-of-Life management: 10 points
- Corporate governance: 12 points
- Innovation: maximum of 10 points
Certification is awarded when 11 prerequisites are satisfied, and the required amount of optional points is achieved.
- Conformant: All prerequisites and minimum of 25 points
- Silver: All prerequisites and minimum of 35 points
- Gold: All prerequisites and minimum of 45 points
- Platinum: All prerequisites and minimum of 60 points
Certification to this standard provides a market-based definition and path to more sustainable flooring through performance requirements for the individual product and the manufacturing organization. Once certified, manufacturers can leverage the NSF Sustainability Certified Mark to gain marketplace preference and increase the likelihood of product specification.
UL has been a trusted testing resource for more than a century, so we can help guide you through the resilient flooring certification process – one step at a time. Our deep expertise in this area enables our dedicated flooring team to deliver exceptional, knowledge-based customer service that is unparalleled in the industry. You can trust that we’ll work closely with you and your team to ensure a smooth and efficient certification process.
- NSF/ANSI 332 Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floor Coverings