Skip to main content
  • FAQ

New Customer Registration FAQ

Information on China’s Business Registration License

cityscape at sunrise


The following requirements are mandatory for customers in China in order for UL Solutions to process a request:

Requests for services should be submitted to UL Solutions and must include a legible copy of the Business Registration License.

What is a Business Registration License and what does it look like?

A license required by the Chinese Government for any company or individual located and doing business in China.

If we are located in Hong Kong and Taiwan, do we need a BRL?


Is a separate BRL License is required and issued in China for each address and location?

It really depends on the requirement of the local government department. Here are two scenarios that may help to explain:

  1. Company ABC opens a new facility at a new address in the same area (close to each other) and the new address is just for production and it will not issue invoices. In this case, normally they do not need a new BRL, but they need to register their new address with their local government dept.
  2. Company ABC opens a new facility at a new address in the same area (close to each other) and the new address has a different name. In this case, a new BRL is required.
Can UL Solutions issue the quote before receiving the required information from our company?


If our company has an address in Italy – and a manufacturer in China – then do we need to send UL Solutions the BRL for the Manufacturer?

Yes. We will have the manufacturer sign a Global Services Agreement as well as the Applicant, and for identity verification, credit collection and other purposes, we must have the manufacturer’s BRL.

What happens if a company’s FEIN business name doesn’t include the division name or DBA. Does this prevent them from using that name with UL Solutions?

UL requires a BRL with the legal name – and if there is a DBA involved, it should be stated next to the legal name.