August 25, 2022
United Arab Emirates (UAE) Ministry of Interior General Directorate of Civil Defense updated its list of accepted laboratories in July 2022 to include the UL Solutions laboratory in Carugate, Italy.
UL International Italia S.r.l. is now recognized as a testing laboratory that can conduct emergency lighting testing and issue test reports to UAE requirements in accordance with the International Accreditation Service (IAS).
The UL Solutions Carugate laboratory is recognized for testing the following products and standards:
- Emergency lighting luminaires per EN 60598-2-22.
- Automatic test lighting systems per EN 62034.
- Central battery lighting systems per EN 50171.
Manufacturers of lighting products can benefit from our depth of experience to help reach their international market goals. In addition to emergency lighting, UL Solutions offers additional testing and certification services for lighting products in the Middle East, including:
Saudi Standards Quality and Metrology Organization (SASO)
- With SASO-approved laboratories, we provide full services to help you comply with the SASO Energy Efficiency License and Labeling requirements needed for an IECEE CB certificate.
- We can help customers understand the IEC standard requirements and CB Scheme evaluation process with national deviations and energy labels (SASO 2902:2018 – Lighting) and special requirements for categories like streetlight luminaires (SASO 2927:2019 – Part Three: Street Lighting).
- As a SASO-approved certification body, we issue Certificates of Conformity (CoC) required in order to clear Saudi customs. CoC cannot be issued until energy labels and CB certificates are obtained. Combined with our local laboratory support and global access, we offer full support to Middle East customers.
United Arab Emirates (UAE) accreditation
- To earn the Emirates Quality Mark (EQM), a third party such as UL Solutions must issue an IEC CB certificate for electrical safety within the last three years.
- Hazardous substances must have test reports from a third-party laboratory accredited to ISO/IEC 17025.
For detailed information on country compliance and to explore markets and Marks, please visit our interactive digital map tool at www.ul-certification.com, or contact your local team to discuss your project and get a quote today.