June 2, 2022
Driven by the growth of e-commerce, the complexity of global supply chains and changing consumer preferences, product packaging for everything from consumer goods to food and medical supplies has become critical to delivering quality, safe products to market. However, maintaining the cost effectiveness of packaging while simultaneously ensuring the integrity and sustainability of packaging can be a challenge.
UL’s certified International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) lab can perform packaging tests to assess the security of goods during transport. We test a variety of packaging for products, such as glassware, household and premium items, medical devices and apparel.
To meet the increasing demand for transport services, particularly with the advent of e-commerce, UL’s laboratory in Singapore, has added several ISTA testing protocols to its services so that retailers and manufacturers in Singapore can assess the security of their goods in transit.
UL in Singapore can support you with the following ISTA testing standards:
ISTA 1 Series Non-Simulation Integrity Performance Tests
- Procedure 1A Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- Procedure 1B Packaged-Products weighing over 150 lb (68 kg)
- Procedure 1C Extended Testing for Individual Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- Procedure 1D Extended Testing for Individual Packaged-Products weighing Over 150 lb (68 kg)
ISTA 2 Series Partial Simulation Performance Tests
- Procedure 2A Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- Procedure 2B Packaged-Products weighing over 150 lb (68 kg)
Why UL for ISTA packaging testing and certification?
As an ISTA certified testing laboratory, UL can perform rigorous testing on your product packaging to help ensure its durability as it relates to transit. These tests provide the appropriate documentation for your product packaging to receive the ISTA® Transit Tested Certification Mark. This certification will give you and your retailers increased confidence that your goods will arrive undamaged.
Contact us today to learn more about our offerings.