August 31, 2018
Inside a company you can’t have a unique referential person in this field: it’s important you involve a team with different key roles who can take care of specific tasks related to the management of chemical substances.
Key roles in your chemical management team:
- Environmental, Health and Sustainability (EHS) Manager
- Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) Manager/Technician
- Product Quality Manager
- Operations/Production Manager
- Purchasing/Procurement Manager/Officer.
What are the benefits for your company if you implement a chemical management team?
Implementing a chemical management team will help you to use sustainable formulations from the initial purchasing steps, to reduce interventions linked to non-conformity that could come out in a second moment.
In fact, one of the key role is covered by the Purchasing Manager/Officer: thanks to the purchase of adequate sustainable formulation you can:
- prevent management issues
- avoid non-conformity from Manufacturing Restricted Substances List (MRSL)
- reduce risks and accidents on the working place
What can you do to improve your chemical management team dialogue?
It’s important that the chemical management team spends brainstorming and dialogue moments together discussing about any inputs or issues related to chemical management.
UL’s ZDHC trainings
ZDHC trainings presented by UL experts can be the right way to have your team sit together sharing experiences and learning more about how to improve chemical management.