Compliance and support
Payment Card Industry (PCI) device approval is recognized and enforced worldwide by the PCI and its member major card brands. Device manufacturers understand that PCI approval is required to effectively market and sell their devices. In order to achieve PCI approval, devices must be evaluated by a PCI-recognized laboratory to determine their compliance with all applicable PCI PIN Transaction Security (PTS) requirements.
- UL’s laboratory in California (formerly known as Infogard) was the first laboratory approved to perform PED evaluations under the predecessor to the PCI program and has performed over 150 device evaluations resulting in approvals.
- We regularly perform PCI PTS evaluations resulting in approvals for international clients—nearly half of our clients are located outside the U.S.
- UL's experienced staff of PCI PTS evaluators supports clients through each phase of the approval effort.
- We regularly apply our expertise to meet your requirements and exceed your expectations, whether you need assistance in evaluation preparation or compliance consulting, or want to begin an evaluation immediately.
Devices that can be approved include:
- PIN Entry Devices (PEDs)
- Encrypting PIN Pads (EPPs)
- Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
- Unattended Payment Terminals (UPTs)
- Secure Card Readers (SCRs)