Save time and costs through our on-site inspection services
Our field inspection service provides a solution for installed equipment and products that have active UL certification but are not properly labeled with the UL Mark. Having an on-site field inspection conducted by one of our experts allows such products or equipment to be field-labeled, saving time and costs associated with removal for relabeling. Any UL Solutions applicant, manufacturer or distributor (for fire door and fire door frames only) identified in a product’s follow-up services documentation report can request a field inspection.
Not having the UL Mark on installed equipment and products that have active UL certification may be due to factory labeling errors or inadvertent removal of the label. It is also possible that the equipment has undergone minor modifications. To qualify for this service, the certified equipment or products must also have been manufactured at a UL-authorized manufacturing facility in accordance with our follow-up services requirements. Additionally, the certified equipment or products should not have been in use for more than one year or covered by the general coverage category for signs. If qualified, your products and equipment can be labeled on the spot.
Field evaluation service to expedite red-tag removal
There are costs associated with the removal of products and equipment lacking evidence of certification. Our field inspection service for installed equipment and products was designed to mitigate these costs. Our field inspections can expedite red-tag removal from equipment with on-location labeling services, saving you time and money during the process.
In addition, if your equipment or products have been red tagged, we will contact the local code authority to fully understand any specific concerns prior to conducting a field inspection. Once your equipment or products are inspected and found to be in compliance, the UL Solutions label can be applied.
Why UL Solutions for field inspection services
- The UL Solutions compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our field inspection services help you gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our longstanding history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- We continue to extend our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you develop and launch safer products to meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.