With unmatched toy safety expertise, our team of quality assurance experts is uniquely positioned to support the toy manufacturing industry’s drive to bring safer products to the world market.
We can help you develop comprehensive toy safety programs including age grading determinations, design evaluations, safety and risk assessments, chemical management, EC-type examinations and toxicological assessments.
We can help you to mitigate the risks associated with global sourcing to protect your brand reputation and build consumer confidence and loyalty.
We’re with you every step of the way, with services that include:
- Design evaluations and safety assessments
- Human factors evaluations
- Chemical management
- Toxicological risk assessments
- Restricted substance evaluations
- Sensory and consumer studies
- Label evaluation and Verification
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of testing and assessment services, including:
- Mechanical and physical testing
- Construction and workmanship
- Stability and durability
- Load and overload capacity
- Small parts choking hazards, sharp point and edge assessments
- Impact, torque, tension and compression
- Flammability of solids and flashpoint of volatile materials
- Heavy metals content in surface coatings, and substrate materials
- Toxics in packaging testing
- Antimicrobial effectiveness
- Quality and defect inspection services
- Factory audits (quality management, social responsibility and others)
We are registered with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as an accredited laboratory for the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) third-party testing. Our worldwide laboratories perform testing to all regional regulatory standards including California Proposition 65 (Legislation AB 2901 Chapter 575). We hold Notified Body status under the EU Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC and EU Low Voltage Directive.
We are a long-trusted brand for product safety testing. The UL Toy Safety Certification Mark was created with the safety of your youngest consumers in mind. We can help you strengthen consumer confidence in the quality and safety of your products through the three-step certification program.
Here’s your chance to set your products apart from the competition. Demonstrate your commitment to product safety and compliance by participating in the UL Toy Safety Certification Program. Learn how the UL Mark gives your product the safety assurance that toy shoppers desire.
UL’s Toy Safety Certification Marks