With our BIFMA Performance Certification Program, products are carefully selected and subjected to durability and strength testing efforts in only accredited laboratories. This results in a well-recognized certification Mark, along with annual follow-up testing that helps detect changes in your supply chain that could affect product performance. Our certification program allows for testing over and above BIFMA standards, up to 25 percent more, enabling you to demonstrate greater product strength and build trust among your international customers and purchasing representatives.
- Demonstration that products imported into the U.S. and Canada comply with BIFMA standards
- Demonstration of compliance with a variety of specification and purchasing requirements, including GSA requirements
- Third-party proof of your testing for performance and durability
In addition, the UL enhanced mark will be featured on your products and promotional materials, and your products will be listed in UL Product iQ, our free certification directory.
By achieving the BIFMA Performance Certification for products, you can:
- Gain a competitive edge in the marketplace
- Certify continued adherence to industry standards
- Eliminate the challenges of how to comply with durability and strength requirements
We can certify BIFMA performance for a wide range of product standards, including:
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2008 Desk Products
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.9-2004 Storage Units
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.1-2002 Office Seating
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.3-2007 Vertical Files
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.4-2005 Lounge and Public Seating
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.6-2016 Panel Systems
- ANSI/BIFMA X5.9-2012 Storage
- ANSI/BIFMA X6.1-2012 Educational Seating
- ANSI/BIFMA S6.5-2001 Small Office/Home Furniture
To help differentiate your products in the marketplace, the UL enhanced Mark will be featured on your products and promotional materials. Plus, your products will be listed in UL Product iQTM, UL’s free certification directory.