The emergence of more than 400 eco-labels has left many consumers and purchasers confused about the credibility of environmental and sustainable claims. This webinar addresses the need for authenticity, credibility and truth, which is often mitigated by eco-labels.
The combination of the eco-label with transparency-based disclosure tools gives architects, designers, and specifiers the tools they need to make smarter purchasing decisions, and confidence that the claims on which they are basing their purchases and the companies they support align with their values. Through the use of Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), transparency is quickly becoming a requirement. This webinar will elaborate on the development of and uses for EPDs.
An EPD report tells the life cycle story of a product in a single, comprehensive report. It includes information about a product’s impact upon the environment such as global warming potential, smog creation, ozone depletion and water pollution. EPDs are a disclosure tool that helps purchasers better understand a product’s sustainable qualities and environmental repercussions, so they can make more informed product selections.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to identify the global demand for EPDs in the building industry
- How to provide an understanding of how transparency and LCA impacts the EPD
- The importance of the PCRS in EPD development
- How to assess the limitations of EPDs and benefits for making smarter product selection decisions
Who should watch
- Architects and designers
- Construction and engineering professionals
- Professional purchasers