These ChemADVISOR Datafeed Service Terms (formerly LOLI Datafeed Terms of Service) (the “Agreement”) are a contract between you and UL Verification Services Inc., a Delaware corporation (“UL”).
All services described hereunder constitute Services as defined in the Master Database License and Service Agreement (the “Agreement”). Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined herein have the meaning set forth in the Agreement or applicable SOW.
- During the License Term in exchange for fees paid as listed in the SOW, UL hereby grants Client for its internal business purposes a non-transferable, non-exclusive worldwide license to access the Services as specified on the SOW.
- If License is per User, a User is an individual, working in a capacity as an employee or contractor for Client that uses Service Content, whether in its original format or through other software and database programs. Users include individuals who perform functions such as regulatory research, or draft safety data sheets or other hazard communication documents, compliance documents or other informational reports (including those that automatically upload information from the Service Content).
- Data provided in connection with the Services shall constitute Service Content as defined in the Agreement. Client assumes full responsibility for the use of Service Content and the manipulation of any information or data provided.
- UL shall provide necessary access to the Services, including, as appropriate, credentials, URL, etc., within 30 days of the Effective date as defined on the SOW.
- UL shall provide Client regular updates to the Service Content. Services shall include access to the Service Content and changes thereto per the update schedule. Updates will include documentation of changes to the regulatory and advisory content, structure and/or front-end software.
- UL will correct errors notified to UL that affect the functionality or integrity of the Database. UL will replace at no cost to Client copies of the Database for which there are errors or omissions that affect the functionality or integrity of the Database.
- During the Term, UL agrees to answer to the best of its ability reasonable inquiries by Client pertaining to the use and/or maintenance of the Database and associated software. Client may contact UL technical support at [email protected]
- UL shall provide Client notice of fees applicable for Services during any renewal License Term at least sixty (60) days prior to the commencement thereof.