Watch now: Benefits of integrating functional safety and cybersecurity
Industrial manufacturing is undergoing a revolution. Powered by new levels of connectivity, this revolution offers exponential enhancements in efficiency and flexibility, but it has also created an array of new safety and security risks.
In this era of interconnected electronics and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), we need a new lens to address these safety risks – a lens that considers functional safety and cybersecurity strategies together at the system level to optimize safety and uptime across modern industrial operations.
Webinar date: June 28, 2023
Alexander Koehler, principal security advisor, industrial cybersecurity
Bashier Machmur, functional safety engineering leader
Join our expert panel and learn how functional safety and cybersecurity can work together to improve operational safety. We will also discuss how to navigate the evolving regulatory requirements for cybersecurity and functional safety of your products and systems and how you can realize benefits such as increased competitive advantage and decreased time to market when integrating both.
- Learn how cybersecurity impacts functional safety and what this means for your products.
- Understand the trends and challenges of the industrial ecosystem and how you can benefit from an integrated approach to functional safety and cybersecurity.
- Through an integrated approach, understand how you can mitigate the risk of personnel injury, cyberattacks, offline machinery and subsequent production downtime.
- Understand process-based development for functional safety and cybersecurity.
- Identify how OT-security differs from IT-security and what the consequences are for product design, system architecture and operation.
- Understand why it is so important to consider cybersecurity as early as possible in the product development process (security-by-design).
- Recognize IEC 62443 and IEC 61508 families of standards as the foundation of cybersecurity/functional safety co-engineering.