May 3, 2021
Calling all connected products
Sponsored by over 30 energy efficiency utilities, trade associations and research entities across the United States and Canada, the Integrated Home Competition presents an opportunity for manufacturers of connected home solutions to gain recognition for their automated and interactive products.
Submission forms are due June 11, 2021. Winners will be honored at an award ceremony this fall and promoted for one year. Submission forms are now available, so enter today.
The 2021 competition is organized by the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), the American Lighting Association (ALA), the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) and UL.
Entries highlight product solutions that not only provide energy savings and load management capability, but also deliver on consumer expectations for interoperability, reliability and simplicity. Eligible product types include:
- Heating and cooling equipment
- Water heaters
- Combination space and water heating equipment
- Pool pumps
- Plug load controls
- Window attachments
- Lighting and lighting controls
- Ceiling fans
- Other connected home devices that successfully deliver a positive consumer experience, energy management and relative alleviation of utility system stress
Entrants to the competition will gain exposure for their innovative products that help provide safe, reliable and affordable energy services while offering a pathway to a cleaner energy future. Entries are judged against the following criteria:
- Energy savings
- Greenhouse gas reductions
- Load management
- Data sharing
- Value proposition
- Ease of installation, set up, and use
- Cybersecurity and privacy
- Innovation in design and engineering