Date & Time
Nov 4, 2021 10:00am CDT
One of the more challenging applications of IEC 62368-1 is Annex M and the requirements for AV/ICT equipment containing batteries and their protection circuits. In this complimentary, one-hour webinar, UL’s experts will review the requirements for such equipment, focusing on transportable equipment and secondary rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, such as those found in notebook computers and other consumer technology devices.
We will also address how to investigate the battery protection circuits within the equipment, including identifying hazardous energy sources and assessing the compliance of any required safeguards.
Join UL’s Kevin Tang to learn about these important battery safety requirements, which also apply to the CAN/US and EU harmonized versions of the IEC Standard. Time will be allocated for Q&A.
- Learn additional requirements for equipment containing batteries.
- Identify the IEC and UL standards applicable to batteries
- Learn how to address protection circuits for batteries provided within the equipment
- Learn about the additional safeguards required to protect against hazards from equipment containing batteries.
- Describe the energy sources that arise from the use of batteries, and understand how to provide proper safeguards to protect against risk of injury and fire
Kevin Tang, staff engineer, UL’s Consumer Technology team