This seminar prepares you to take the exam for qualification as an intacs™ Certified Provisional Assessor (Automotive SPICE® v3.1). You will become familiar with the Automotive SPICE® (ASPICE) v3.1 process assessment model, which is generally used for assessments in the automotive development industry.
This seminar offers practical exercises and tips to help you learn to work with individual aspects of assessments. Upon completing and passing the exam, you will be able to independently assess processes according to Automotive SPICE® guidelines under the authority of a Competent Assessor in your own company or at your supplier’s. You will also be able to improve the processes based on the assessment results.
To successfully complete the training, you must actively participate in the course and pass the exam. We recommend doing additional preparatory work at the end of each training day.
The seminar content is equivalent to that in the curriculum published by intacs™:
- intacs™ – the International Assessor Certification Scheme.
- Overview of and motivation for process assessment in accordance with ISO/IEC 330xx.
- The measurement system – process profiles and capability level rating.
- General overview of the assessment process.
- Data collection – interviewing and note-taking techniques.
- Data collection – inspection of documents.
- The Automotive SPICE® v3.1 assessment model.
- Assessment exercises for processes in the VDA scope of Automotive SPICE® v3.1 at capability level 1.
- Capability levels 2 and 3.
- Rating guidelines to increase consistency and reliability of assessment results.
- Assessment exercise at capability levels 2 and 3.
- Exam preparation.
For the most part, the course consists of exercises and discussions where students can share their previous experience with the processes and their implementation.
The optional exam includes additional fees when applicable. You can learn more about the current applicable certification and examination fees here.
The exam will be taken online. VDA QMC examiners monitor the exam using the video conferencing tool Zoom, so participants must activate and use their webcam accordingly. Without the use of a webcam, taking the examination is not possible. The VDA QMC will give more information on this topic after exam registration.
Who should take this training
- People who want to perform assessments in accordance with Automotive SPICE®.
- Employees in process groups.
- Quality and project managers for whom compliance with Automotive SPICE® v3.1 is important.
- Project employees in charge of developing systems that meet the requirements of Automotive SPICE® v3.1.
- Participants should have several years of professional experience in the IT industry (software/system development, project management, quality management or similar experience).
This course is exclusively taught by experienced intacs™ Certified Instructors who are also certified Principal Assessors with extensive experience in practical assessment implementation. The online training will be conducted using Microsoft Teams. An optional test run is offered a few days before the training. For this test run, the trainer will make an appointment with the participants. The price of this seminar includes the “Automotive SPICE® v3.1 Pocket Guide.”
If you are interested in learning about the current course prerequisites or in registering for the training, please visit the intacs™ page.
Related standards and deliverables
UL Solutions in the Automotive Industry
This short video highlights functional safety and autonomy safety offerings by UL Solutions, including ASPICE and Stages software by Method Park by UL.