ISO 26262 Automotive Training with Optional Certification Exam
UL Certified Functional Safety Professional Training in Automotive – ISO 26262
We designed this four-day course for engineers, developers and managers seeking to successfully apply ISO 26262 to their safety-related automotive electronics programs.
The training starts with an overview of functional safety and the ISO 26262 framework for the safe development of automotive electronics. It then describes the full 12-part ISO 26262 standard in detail, including all aspects of safety management, concept and system development, hardware, software and supporting processes.
Attendees will work on exercises designed to teach the key concepts of functional safety in automotive hardware, software and systems. The course employs a wide range of specific technical examples to illustrate important points. This comprehensive course covers all requirements of ISO 26262:2018.
What does this training cover?
- Overview and scope of ISO 26262:2018
- Managing functional safety
- Tailoring safety activities
- Safety culture
- Confirmation measures, audit and assessment processes
- Concept phase
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment (HARA)
- Assigning safety goals and automotive safety integrity level (ASIL) ratings
- Functional safety concept (FSC)
- System-level development
- Technical safety concept (TSC)
- System and item integration and testing
- Safety validation
- Hardware-software interface (HSI) specification
- Hardware development
- Safety requirements and design
- Hardware architectural metrics, including types of faults and diagnostic coverage
- Hardware testing
- Software development
- Safety requirements and design
- Software architecture
- Software unit and integration testing
- Qualification of software components
- Production, operation, service and decommissioning
- Preproduction planning requirements
- Manufacturing-related functional safety topics
- Service and user manual guidelines
- Supporting processes
- Criteria for the coexistence of elements
- ASIL decomposition
- Analysis of dependent failures
- Confidence in software tools
- Proven in use
Optional UL Certified Functional Safety Professional Exam
Participants who complete all four days of training are eligible to take a two-hour certification exam. Those who pass the exam will earn individual certification as a UL Certified Functional Safety Professional (UL-CFSP) in Automotive.
Upon successfully completing the UL-CFSP exam, participants will receive a certificate and badge that they can use to demonstrate their competence in automotive functional safety. The certification is valid for three years, after which individuals may recertify.
Why should I take this training?
Upon successfully completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of functional safety concepts, principles, standards and legal implications
- Establish and integrate functional safety management into the entire value chain
- Conduct hazard identification and risk assessment for automotive systems
- Determine safety goals and ASILs, including applying ASIL decomposition in different phases of development
- Perform qualitative and quantitative safety analysis techniques, such as fault tree analysis (FTA), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and failure modes, effects and diagnostic analysis (FMEDA) throughout the development process
- Evaluate quantitative hardware metrics, including single-point fault metric (SPFM), latent fault metric (LFM) and probabilistic metric for random hardware failures (PMHF)
- Define a software development process in accordance with required ASILs
- Develop test plans and specifications to verify and validate the safety of automotive electronics
- Establish a safety case to facilitate functional safety assessment and certification
Who should take this training?
- Engineers, developers, project leaders, quality managers and testing personnel who develop embedded automotive systems based on ISO 26262
- Leaders of organizations involved in engineering development of automotive electronic systems, hardware, software and processes
- Automotive industry professionals seeking a better understanding of the functional safety of automotive electronic systems and the ISO 26262 standard
- Safety and quality professionals responsible for ISO 26262 compliance
Choose UL Solutions for automotive functional safety training
From materials testing to supply chain management, new energy options to security and interoperability solutions, leverage our expertise and insights to navigate the global regulatory landscape and bring your products to market.
UL Solutions’ global network of technical experts and state-of-the-art facilities, along with our longstanding relationships with regulatory authorities, partner laboratories and industry technical leaders, helps manufacturers gain the compliance credentials they need to compete in a more complex global supply chain.
Knowledge you can trust – Our experienced staff can support you from the initial design stage of product development through testing and production. Our experts can assist you in understanding the certification requirements for your specific markets.
Speed and efficiency – Our cost-effective systems and state-of-the-art facilities can help accelerate your time to market.
Single-source provider – UL Solutions meets all of your compliance needs and, by bundling safety, performance and interoperability services, can also help you save valuable time and money.
Global reach and access – Our global network of expert engineers can help you understand the various national and global requirements for your specific market application.