Hazardous locations global expertise coupled with a state-of-the-art laboratory helps facilitate quicker turnaround time
Our global network of technical experts and state-of-the-art laboratory helps manufacturers gain the compliance credentials they need to compete in a more complex global supply chain. We provide equipment testing, certification, advisory services, repair facility services and production quality assessments, including global conformity assessment schemes for HazLoc equipment. To help facilitate quicker turnaround time on projects for customers, our global HazLoc laboratory has been designed with automation implemented. We have upgraded and added capabilities to new test stations that make this a truly state-of-the-art laboratory. Leverage our global brand acceptance and trust to add value to your innovations.
Knowledge you can trust
Our knowledgeable staff are well versed in a variety of protection methods and are located around the globe to help save you time and money with a single, local point of contact for your global certification needs, training and personnel competency.
Speed and efficiency
For faster time to market, leverage our expertise early in HazLoc projects. We can help manufacturers develop a risk mitigation plan to know most of the risks up front. Additionally, our comprehensive industry knowledge can help accelerate projects through the testing and certification process.
Global reach and access
Our global network of expert HazLoc engineers helps you understand the various national and global requirements, as well as help identify new requirements based on industry demands. You can benefit with faster time to a global marketplace with the UL certification process, not only do we understand the requirements – we helped develop them. In fact, we participate in over 50 Standards writing committees, such as: TC31 (IECEx), UL STP (North America), NFPA, API, BSEE and CFR committees.
HazLoc essential service offering details
- Equipment testing, certification and repair facility services, including IECEx, ATEX, INMETRO, and UL/C-UL conformity assessment schemes for onshore and offshore HazLoc equipment
- Advisory services that help identify and manage many elements of project risk
- Personnel competency, including IECEx Certificate of Personnel Competence (CoPC) Scheme
- Production quality assessment, including IECEx, ATEX, UK-CA and INMETRO quality assessment reports (QARs) and production quality assurance notifications (PQANs)
- Unit verification service provides certification for customized equipment
- Safety science research, including research that regularly drives advancements in national and international codes and standards
- Technical education and training, including private workshops in customer facilities and public workshops at one of UL’s offices or other convenient public venues