UL personnel certification verifies that an individual possesses the skills and knowledge required for a specific field of endeavor. Backed by more than a century of safety science expertise, our personnel certification programs provide a benchmark of professional excellence.
Personnel certification indicates that individuals have the knowledge and skills needed to perform their work efficiently and proficiently. Certification is earned through completion of a professional training program, demonstrated work experience, proficiency evaluations or written examinations. To help ensure skills remain current, recertification is required at defined intervals.
Our personnel certification helps to empower practitioners with the real-world qualifications needed to perform their work safely and effectively, based on an industry accepted and standardized set of skills that companies and consumers can trust.
The individual and business benefits of certification include provable demonstration of particular knowledge and skills, professional recognition, and improved credibility and marketability.
A certification demonstrates that an individual possesses a solid foundation of skill and knowledge in a specific field of endeavor.
The individual benefits of certification include:
- Specialized knowledge and skills
- Personal accomplishment
- Professional recognition
- Credibility and marketability
Available personnel certifications
Each UL personnel certification scheme is developed and maintained by a committee of industry experts who have identified and documented the critical knowledge and skills required to perform in that occupation.
- UL Certified lightning protection system installer – The UL Certified lightning protection system installer program is designed to help individuals distinguish themselves with a credential focused on the critical knowledge and skills of the lightning protection system industry. Individual certification in the program helps promote a more qualified workforce which helps to improve the safety and performance of lightning protection systems.
- UL Certified lightning protection system installers list – This list of UL Certified lightning protection system installers possesses the necessary competencies to perform end-to-end installation of residential and/or commercial lightning protection systems.
- UL's PV system installer certification program – The UL Certified PV system installer certification program is designed to offer individuals an opportunity to differentiate themselves with a credential focused on the critical knowledge and skills of the occupation. Open to qualified electricians, the goal of the PV System Installer certification is to improve the safety and performance of PV systems through a more qualified workforce.
- UL Certified PV installers list – This list of UL Certified PV installers possess the necessary competencies to perform end-to-end installation of residential and/or commercial photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Certified risk professional (CRP) – property certificate program - The UL Certified risk professional – property certificate program allows participants the opportunity to learn how to recognize and evaluate property related risks and is recommended for people who have three to five years of experience in the industry.
- UL Certified risk professional (CRP) – property certified list
- Hazardous locations personnel competency – It is critical that personnel working in areas involving explosive atmospheres (Ex) have the knowledge and competency necessary to properly and safely perform activities, such as classification, design, installation, maintenance, inspection and repair, in accordance with the applicable IECEx standards. The IECEx Scheme for Certification of Personnel Competence (CoPC) for Explosive Atmospheres provides global industries with a single system for the assessment and qualification of persons to efficiently and safely carry out activities in hazardous areas or areas associated with them.
- Knowledge solutions