Industrial Cybersecurity Infographic
Industry 4.0 introduces increased cybersecurity risks
Smart manufacturing and smart factories depend on connectivity and data sharing to deliver Industry 4.0 benefits such as increased operating productivity and enhanced safety, as well as reduced downtime and costs. However, critical connected systems are an attractive target for cybercriminals in search of a potentially profitable opportunity to exploit.
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) systems can be particularly difficult to secure. Each device added to the network creates a new potential risk. Factor in the inherent complexity of big automated systems and the fact that malicious hackers only need to find one vulnerability to gain access to the entire network potentially – and the challenge becomes clear. What may not be as easy to understand is how to mitigate these complex security issues.
Our Industry 4.0 solutions
A successful cyberattack is likely to have a significant negative impact on the business, which can extend to customers and the supply chain. UL Solutions can help you understand and mitigate the unique risks associated with Industry 4.0. We can work with you to identify gaps and deploy a risk-based cybersecurity approach that functions as an integral part of your business strategy and operations.
We respond to a company's unique security needs by offering a wide range of solutions for component manufacturers, integrators and asset owners. When you work with UL Solutions, we can help enable security across the manufacturing environment from product to factory floor.
Why UL Solutions for Industry 4.0 cybersecurity
UL Solutions has extensive expertise in cybersecurity with a global network of IoT and OT security laboratories, over 500 security experts and advisors, with specialized expertise in global security standards, frameworks and best practices for the Industry 4.0 ecosystem. Through our suite of solutions, we help companies:
- Define where they are in their cybersecurity maturity
- Understand what they will need to do to develop more secure devices
- Manage digital identity of people and products
- Improve internal cybersecurity capabilities and processes
- Validate security built into their products throughout their lifecycle
- Differentiate their products based on security in the marketplace
We efficiently and proactively work with you to plan, test, verify and help secure your products and systems from cybersecurity threats, leading to a more trustworthy and secure environment.
- UL Joins ISA Global Cybersecurity Alliance as a Founding Member to Advance Industrial Cybersecurity
- Accelerate Your Cyber Readiness
- Cybersecurity for Windfarms
- Managing Cybersecurity Risk in Your Supply Chain
- Testing and Certification for Industrial Supply Chain Cybersecurity