Understanding the hazardous location lighting marketplace
Emergency lighting and power equipment, exit signs and markers, portable luminaires, and all types of luminaires and components have specific requirements when they are used in hazardous locations.
Beyond the typical lighting standards utilized for residential and commercial applications such as UL 1598, the Standard for Luminaires, and UL 8750, Standard for Light Emitting Diode (LED) Equipment for Use in Lighting Products, lighting products intended for use in hazardous locations (HazLoc) need to comply to specific requirements such as ATEX, IECEx, CCC Ex, and ECAS Ex. Our experienced engineers can help you navigate the regulatory and certification requirements as you design and produce safe, reliable, energy efficient and innovative products for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
Working with HazLoc industry stakeholders, we support:
- Equipment manufacturers
- End users, including oil and gas (both onshore and offshore), chemical, agricultural, energy, transportation, pharmaceutical and mining
- Inspection and regulatory community, including electrical inspectors, fire marshals, and health and safety regulators
- Codes and standards development organizations
Why UL for hazardous location lighting services
Our experience working with all HazLoc industry stakeholders and testing to the Standard for luminaires for use in hazardous locations under UL 1931, we offer streamlined, comprehensive global compliance solutions. Contact us today to discuss your project and learn more about our global services, including:
- Equipment testing and certification to requirements such as ATEX, IECEx, CCC Ex, and ECAS Ex
- Training and advisory services
- Safety science research
- Global Market Access and certification for different regions across the globe