As the global demand for energy consumption continues to accelerate, the race to build more energy efficient products is intensifying. Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) equipment manufacturers in particular face pressure to meet increasingly demanding efficiency regulations in North America and around the world. We offer the testing services you need to clear the path to energy efficiency compliance while helping you produce next-generation products that keep you ahead of the curve.
We provide HVAC/R manufacturers with expanded energy efficiency compliance solutions for U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), California Energy Commission (CEC), National Resources Canada (NRCan), AHRI, State of Kuwait, Ministry of Electricity and Water (MEW) and other global regulatory requirements.
In addition, we are an U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-recognized Certified Body and EPA-recognized laboratory for the enhanced ENERGY STAR program.
Our scope for energy efficiency testing for HVAC/R equipment, as well as research and development prototype testing for HVAC/R equipment, includes:
- Unitary air-conditioning and air-source heat pump equipment
- Package terminal air conditioners and heat pumps
- Water-source heat pumps
- Ground-source closed-loop heat pumps
- Commercial and industrial unitary air-conditioning and heat pump equipment
- Commercial and industrial unitary air-conditioning condensing units
- Single package vertical air conditioners and heat pumps
- Force-circulation air-cooling and air-heating coils
- Room fan coils
- Water-chilling packages using the vapor compression cycle
- Automatic commercial ice makers
- Ice storage bins
- Direct geoexchange heat pumps
- Indoor pool dehumidifiers
- Heat pump pool heaters
- Commercial refrigerated display merchandisers and storage cabinets
- Mini-split air-conditioning and heat pump equipment
Our high-performance testing centers are staffed by experts with years of experience in the HVAC/R industry, and our laboratories include custom built state-of-the-art testing equipment.
We offer private offices for visiting clients with viewing capabilities of tests being performed. For off-site client engagement, we offer secure remote real-time data tracking, chat communication and remote observation of tests being performed.
We can create customized assessment services to suit your needs, from our full suite of compliance solutions for HVAC/R equipment. Custom offerings can include:
- Testing in accordance to a variety of HVAC/R industry standards and programs
- Full-service research and development capability for product prototype testing
- Performance validation for precompliance testing or benchmarking
- Bundled compliance solutions conducted at the same location energy efficiency testing is performed
- Product safety certification testing and international certifications