Fire-rated wall, floor and ceiling assemblies provide the necessary fire and smoke barriers to create compartmentalization during a fire, safeguarding against the spread of fire and smoke within a building or to and from a building. These assemblies need to meet fire and smoke safety and environmental sustainability requirements. We can help ensure that your materials, systems and assemblies are designed to meet these requirements by providing third-party certification of their safety and performance.
Our solutions also help confirm the safety, performance, reliability and security of your fire-resistant rated designs. Fire-resistance rated designs are used to achieve code compliant installations where the building codes require hourly rated designs. We test assemblies to international standards, establishing an hourly rating to provide evidence of compliance to code requirements. Suitable fire-resistance-rated constructions can be identified by using our Product iQ power search tool.
Fire resistance certification services
Our certification services, which provide evidence that products and systems meet regulatory and market requirements, include:
- UL Mark Certification Service
- C-UL Mark Certification Service
- UL-EU Mark Certification Services
- EU CE Marking Technical Documentation File Service
- Brazil INMETRO Mark Certification Services
- Certificate of Compliance (Middle East)
- Materials & Equipment Acceptance (MEA) Report
- Florida Validation Services
- Multiple Listing Services
- Field Evaluation Service
- Evaluation Report (ER)
- GREENGUARD Certification
- Environmental Claims Validation (ECV)
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD)
Our environmental sustainability validation services, which provide evidence to architects and designers that products meet environmental requirements, include:
- GREENGUARD Certification
- Engineering Evaluation & Support Services
Our testing services assess compliance to UL and industry standards, including:
- UL 263/ASTM E119 & BS476 Fire Resistance Rating
- Smoke Leakage Testing
Our advisory services help ensure building owners that exterior wall assemblies will perform as expected and include:
- Building Envelope Forensic Services
- Building Envelope Commissioning Services
We understand that meeting fire resistance safety requirements can be challenging, which is why we provide training, advisory, testing, Verification, inspection and certification solutions for the fire resistance industry. With a rich history of fire safety science behind us, we can provide third-party Verification that your products are in compliance with industry standards, helping them get to the market faster.
Additionally, when you work with us, you’ll gain access to Product iQ. This powerful online search tool that can help you easily locate the UL certification information needed to achieve safe, sustainable code complaint installations. This next-generation search engine covers a wide range of construction materials, equipment and fire-resistance rated assemblies and systems. It includes the flexibility to search by product name, master format number, related installation code section, keywords and other terms.
- The UL Certification Mark on fire resistant products, systems and assemblies is relied on by code enforcement officials and buyers to provide confidence that products and systems meet regulatory and market requirements. It is a key differentiator for products within the exterior wall assembly market.
- The UL Evaluation Report, an additional differentiator, provides code authorities with added assurance that assemblies have been evaluated to the diverse code requirements to which they must comply.
- Our testing services span across a broad spectrum of standards and evaluate product performance to all the critical attributes necessary to provide confidence in product performance.