Today’s interconnected world has given rise to new and complex meter technologies, and with them, new and complex challenges faced by manufacturers and consumers alike. Fortunately, we’re prepared to help you navigate this new world. Our in-depth experience in evaluating meters and their smart features — such as electronic measuring, wireless or remote reporting, and appliance controls — enable us to help you create safer, more optimized meters.
Our expertise can help you overcome the following challenges:
- Global market access – We can help you gain access to the world’s markets by testing smart meters to the requirements of North and South America, China, Asia, Australia, Europe and South Africa.
- Regional requirements - Our knowledge of regional testing requirements allows us to determine the appropriate plans for your product, minimizing duplication and maximizing geographical coverage.
- Technical competency – We have significant experience in the many disciplines that encompass a meter performance program, including accuracy, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), radio, electrical, mechanical, environmental and safety testing.
- Radio compliance – Our transmission control block (TCB) experience enables us to assist clients in addressing the growing concerns over intentional transmissions. We’ll help you to ensure that geographical regulations are met.
- Speed to market – We stay abreast of evolving technology and changing market demands so that we can successfully manage your project and meet your deadlines.
We also offer safety testing for electric, water and gas meters to assess whether they meet accuracy class performance as well as shock, fire, water purity and hazardous location use requirements. Additionally, our team can provide EMC evaluations for traditional emissions and immunity along with intentional transmitters (cellular, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Bluetooth, etc).
We are deeply involved with the creation of new standards for smart-meter technology and actively contribute to smart-meter panels globally. Our goal is to help you bring safer meters to the market in the quickest, easiest and most efficient way possible.
Our extensive experience in smart-meter testing has earned us significant accreditations, including acceptance into the:
- Australian Government National Measurement Institute (NMI)
- Bangladesh Rural Electrification Board (BREB)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- International Accreditation Service (IAS)
- Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC)