Utility power cable for GMA (1)
Compliance testing and certification solutions for power utility cable manufacturers
We work with product manufacturers to test and certify power cable products for utility, engineering procurement and construction (EPC), renewable energy and construction use. We provide safety certification and performance Verification services, including UL 1072, IEC, AEIC, and ICEA for power cables, to product manufacturers. Additionally, we provide International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) type testing and qualification testing services to manufacturers requiring a type examination certificate for the markets in which these certificates are required.
Help ensure quality, safety and performance with UL Solutions testing services
Whether it’s sourcing conformant products, assessing conformance directly, or providing staff training/knowledge solutions, our global footprint enables us to serve utilities throughout the world. Our worldwide marketplace expertise enables us to help utilities source conformant products and systems from around the world that meet the unique specifications of the utility for performance and product compliance over a broad range of standards.
Learn more about our medium voltage power cable services
Why UL Solutions for power utility cable testing
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL Solutions’ Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.