Overview of testing and certification for the lighting industry
Work with us for the highest level of service in lighting testing, safety certification, performance verification, quality assurance, advisory services and beyond. We keep you informed and educated on requirements, keeping ahead of issues that might affect the flow of inventory and our combination of global reach and local presence allow us to deliver innovative, customized solutions to streamline testing and simplify the certification process.
Explore the ways our expert engineers can help you maximize your return on investment in the lighting space.
- Safety certification
- Performance, energy efficiency testing and verification
- Advisory services
- Global market access
- Multiple Listing Service for UL Certified Products
- Quality control and package performance testing
- EMC and wireless testing
Benefits of UL lighting testing and certification
Our experienced engineering teams understand the increasing complexities of lighting products and systems, as showcased through our active participation and leadership in standards development, technical committees and industry working groups.
We have trusted relationships with the entire lighting supply chain, including manufacturers, retailers, showrooms, designers, regulatory authorities, government agencies and consumers.
Leverage our safety science expertise across the many lighting market segments around the world to gain accelerated access to the global marketplace and maximize the value of your brand.
- Residential and consumer
- Commercial and professional
Why UL for product testing and certification
In an ever-expanding and changing industry, we can help you maximize your brand portfolio for today’s market and the future of lighting.
- We provide customized solutions and easy access to the global market while bringing you personalized service with local engineering experts to improve your speed to market.
- We help you bring innovative products to market fast, working with you early in the product design stage to get ahead of potential issues and avoid late stage production issues that can result in recalls and returns that affect your bottom line.
- As the most recognized lighting certifier in the U.S., the UL Mark helps your customers identify high quality products and provides an important differentiator in a crowded market.
- The UL Mark has global recognition and acceptance.
Subscribe to our Lumen Insights Newsletter
Stay in the know with real time lighting industry updates from UL