Roofing products are designed to resist the impacts of fire, wind, rain, hail and extreme temperatures. Since we’ve been working with the roofing industry for decades to develop standards that improve performance, we can help verify that your products do, in fact, meet these criteria for performance.
We perform accelerated and natural weathering, fire, wind resistance and wind uplift, structural and physical property testing to UL Standards, ULC Standards, and the requirements of the ASTM International and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). We also have the capabilities to test to regional requirements such as those required by Florida’s Miami-Dade County and the Texas Department of Insurance. Our services are available for both commercial and residential roofing materials and systems.
Additionally, we offer ENERGY STAR® testing for roofing materials and systems, as we’ve seen a rise in state and local municipalities that are requiring materials to meet energy efficiency requirements. We are also an accredited test laboratory for the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC), an independent organization that develops methods for evaluating and labeling the solar reflectance and thermal emittance of roofing products.
Most importantly, we are a widely recognized, independent organization that regulators trust and rely on, and the UL Mark is one of the most recognized in the industry. Working with us not only helps you build trust in your products, it helps to build confidence in your brand.
Our inspection solutions for roofing products provide training, advisory, testing, Verification, inspection, and certification services to help manufacturers get compliant products to the market quickly. These services are designed to elevate the level of trust that purchasers have in the performance, reliability, sustainability and safety of your roofing products and systems.
Specifically, our certification services provide evidence that products and systems meet regulatory and market requirements. They include the following:
- UL Mark Certification service
- C-UL Mark Certification service
- UL-EU Mark Certification service
- EU CE marking technical documentation file service
- Brazil INMETRO Mark certification service
- Florida validation service
- ENERGY STAR service
- Multiple Listing Service
- UL Evaluation Report (ER) Service
- Field Evaluation Service
- Greenguard Certification
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD)
- Environmental Claims Validation service
- Engineering evaluation and support service
Our testing services assess compliance to the following UL and industry standards:
- Spread of flame (UL 790)
- Burning brand testing (UL 790)
- Impact test (UL 2218)
- Intermittent flame testing (UL 790)
- Solar reflectance/thermal emittance/coating thickness (ASTM C1549 and C1371)
- Wind resistance (ASTM D3161)
- Wind uplift (UL 1897 – 10x10 and 12x24 deck)
- Wind uplift (UL 580)
Our building inspection services provide confidence that buildings meet critical code requirements. Services include:
- Building inspection (fire, life safety, security)
Our advisory services provide technical design assessments, commissioning and forensics services to assure roofing systems are designed and installed to provide the expected performance. Services include:
- Building envelope forensic services
- Building envelope commissioning services
UL Environment sustainability services provide architects, designers and professional purchasers, a reliable sourcing tool for roofing products that have been evaluated to sustainable and responsible requirements.
- The UL Certification Mark on roofing products and assemblies is relied on by code enforcement officials and buyers to verify that your products and systems meet regulatory requirements. It also serves as a key differentiator for products within the roofing market.
- The UL Evaluation Report, an additional differentiator, provides code authorities with added assurance that roofing products and assemblies have been evaluated to the diverse code requirements to which they must comply.
- Our testing services span across a broad spectrum of standards and evaluate product performance to all the critical attributes necessary to provide confidence in your product’s performance.
- Our environmental sustainability validation services provide architects and designers with validation that roofing products meet their environmental requirements.
Webinar: Testing and Certification of Commercial Roofing Products
Gain insight into key code regulations for roofing products, testing necessary to address those requirements, and the UL Certification offerings that demonstrate compliance with codes and standards.