Understanding building envelope challenges
Fenestration products, including windows, doors, curtain walls, and skylights, are designed to resist the impacts of fire, wind, rain, hail, extreme temperatures and much more. We understand these challenges. We provide regulatory training and advisory services and testing, Verification, inspection and certification solutions for fenestration products to help you get compliant products to the market quickly. We also serve building owners to assist in technical assessment, commissioning and forensics to help ensure building performance meets expectations.
Providing performance, mock-up and field inspection testing
For commercial and residential windows, doors, curtain walls and skylights, our services provide trust in the performance, reliability, durability, sustainability and safety of products.
Our testing services span the full breadth of performance testing required including:
- Air, Water and Structural Performance Testing (AAMA/CSA)
- Air Barrier Testing (CAN/ULC S741/S742)
- Windstorm Impact (Hurricane and Tornado) Resistance Testing (ASTM and TSA)
- Thermal Testing (ASTM E1363)
- Acoustical Testing
We are fully accredited to assist you to gain certification services including: American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA), Window and Door Manufacturers Association (WDMA), Keystone, NAMI, Canadian Standards Association (CSA), Miami-Dade, Florida Validation Services, Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) and National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC).
Our environmental certification services provide you with the sustainability evidence needed for product differentiation and market acceptance including:
- UL GREENGUARD® Certification
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD)
- Environmental Claim Validation (ECV)
- Engineering evaluation and support services
Our mock-up testing services of preconstruction building structures provide confidence to building owners, architects, consultants and contractors that the building design will be constructable and perform to expectations. Testing includes:
- Air, water, structural
- And much more
Our Field Inspection Services provide building owners and contractors with confidence that fenestration products were installed correctly and buildings will perform to requirements:
- Blower Door Testing (ASTM E1827/E779)
- Field Testing (ASTM XXX)
- Building inspection services (fire, life safety, security)
Why UL Solutions for building envelope component and systems testing services
- Our testing services span across a broad spectrum of standards and evaluate product performance to all the critical attributes necessary to provide confidence in product performance.
- Our environmental sustainability validation services provide architects and designers with validation that roofing products meet their environmental requirements.