In today’s world, manufacturing processes have become more complex and global in nature. Electric and electronic devices typically include components and materials from a large number of manufacturers spanning several regions. Consequently, a large percentage of the appliance wiring material (AWM) used in final products is processed into a harness before it reaches the final assembly process. This can lead to a complicated quality assurance problem. Fortunately, we’ve designed a simple solution.
Our Wiring Harness Traceability program monitors cables as they move from the manufacturing plant to the harness producer and into the final assembly line. Doing so has allowed us to build a network of more than 2,000 UL-certified wiring harness manufacturers based on end-product investigations. Having access to these suppliers enables you to fulfill your cable sourcing needs with confidence and introduce new harness designs into your supply chain quickly – saving you time, money and a whole lot of stress.
Accepting products that are manufactured off-site or by a third party can be worrying, especially because the introduction of noncompliant products into your supply chain can pose a lot of risks. Our Wiring Harness Traceability program helps you mitigate those risks by giving you the information you need to only accept wiring harnesses that have been tested and certified by one of the most trusted sources in the industry.
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL’s Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.
Watch the video
Wiring Harness AI Platform
Request a wiring harness review
Find out if your wiring harness assembly is eligible for coverage under UL's Wiring Harness Traceability Program. Submit a PDF of your diagram and/or Bill of Materials (BOM) for automated review.