Appliance Wiring Material Testing and Certification
Inadvertently supplying and using uncertified, counterfeit or inferior appliance wire material (AWM) in end products can introduce significant safety hazards. This can increase the risks of costly and brand-damaging recalls. UL Solutions AWM testing, certification and ongoing surveillance services can help you mitigate these risks and reduce the time and costs of bringing your products to market.
Supplying and using UL Recognized wiring components in end products can help you demonstrate compliance requirements in a cost-effective way. Select from more than 7,000 AWM styles based on material, voltage, temperature, environmental exposure, flame and other ratings. Our evolving library of AWM styles is the industry standard for defining these types of products. As a result, thousands of end product manufacturers base their sourcing specifications on individual AWM styles to comply with standards and multiple vendor supply policies.
In the U.S., we test and certify AWM to ANSI/UL 758, the Standard for Appliance Wiring Material, and we test and certify AWM and equipment wire to CSA C22.2 No. 127 and CSA C22.2 No. 210 in Canada. The tests performed depend on the construction and anticipated use of the product. Certification obtained for AWM gains entry into UL Product iQ®, a robust search engine that supplies data you can trust, whether you’re verifying the UL certification for a product or component. Engineers, product developers, architects and other professionals rely on this tool to help them with their particular business needs.
Our ongoing surveillance and traceability programs leverage our deep expertise in global supply chain monitoring to help you maintain AWM compliance after the initial sourcing. We help you manage conformance in the supply chain, reduce risks and costs associated with unsafe products, and manage non-compliance risk to help protect your brand reputation.
Why UL Solutions for appliance wiring material services
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL Solutions' Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.
Get connected with our sales team
Thanks for your interest in our products and services. Let's collect some information so we can connect you with the right person.