We offer a broad and comprehensive certification program for AWM. We can meet your testing and certification needs for new constructions (styles) of appliance wiring material intended for use in innovative applications and products. Our unique and constantly evolving library of AWM styles has become the industry standard for defining and sourcing these types of products. As a result, thousands of end-product manufacturers base their sourcing specifications on individual AWM styles to comply with standards and enable multiple vendor supply policies.
We test AWM to ANSI/UL 758, the Standard for Safety for Appliance Wiring Material. The types of tests performed depend on the construction and anticipated use of the product.
Our presence in major manufacturing centers around the world helps ensure that you will be able to conveniently access our services close to home. We also have team members in target markets all over the world, helping to ensure that you’ll always have access to a local UL expert.
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL’s Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.