Protective switching devices are designed to trip a circuit breaker when a fault is detected. For power system protection, mechanical and electronic switching devices are key for safe operation.
With testing and certification for fire and shock safety, we’ll work with you to help bring your products to global markets faster. We support your team from the beginning to streamline evaluation processes. Together, we can focus on performance and safety to meet stringent industrial standards to get your products to market quickly and easily.
We will work with you to help ensure your protective switching devices facilitate safe use of equipment in office (commercial) and factory (industrial) applications. We evaluate switching devices for compliance and safety, including but not limited to:
- Protective relays that monitor the current and/or voltage of the power system to detect problems with the power system.
- Pilot devices/emergency stop switches that are an integral part of most automated processes, from simple push buttons, indicating lights to selector switches and foot switches. Streamline your global market access for emergency stop switches with CB, CE and/or UL Mark Certification. UL now offers a path to certification with IEC 60947-5-5.
- Manual and electromechanical disconnect switches for solar application
Areas of expertise
We provide testing and certification services for protective switching devices, including these product categories:
- Protective relays
- Emergency stop switches
- Pushbutton switches
- Indicating lights
- Selector switches
- Foot switches
- Photovoltaic disconnect switches
- Manual and electromechanical disconnect switches
- Disconnect switches