With increasing power levels, the heat generated within cables increases as well. This is especially true when the cables are bundled together, which is typical in the installation. It’s a safety concern when cables are operated above their temperature rating under these conditions. In addition, it’s well known that higher copper wire temperatures increase cable insertion loss that can adversely affect cable performance.
With a view to address this concern, we have worked with HDBaseT Alliance to develop a certification program for Power over HDBaseT (PoH) cables. Under the Certification program, we test and evaluate the HDBaseT cables in accordance with a new Standard, UL 4299, Outline of Investigation for PoH Cables. The cables are tested in a specified bundle at 100 watts, and the HDBaseT parameters are verified at the temperature measured during operation.
In addition to the PoH cable Certification program, we have also recently been approved by the HDBaseT Alliance as a Recognized Testing Facility for its Recommended Cables program.
The program provides a consistent test method for evaluating cable performance when subjected to elevated temperatures caused by power handling and bundling. The test-based requirements allow for innovation in cable design, and its Follow-up Service (FUS) Program that covers factory inspection and market surveillance helps ensure compliance and reduces risk to all stakeholders in the supply chain. You can work directly with us to have communications cables evaluated under both UL PoH Certification and HDBaseT Recommended Cables programs.
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our FUS program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated global security and brand protection operation team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combat counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asian countries. We ranked second in terms of the number of CB certificates issued worldwide.1
- We continue to extend our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.
Based on statistics released from 2011 to 2017 by IEC System of Conformity Assessment for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE).