April 20, 2015
The introduction of Oregon State House Bill 3473 the Toxic-Free Kids Act is intended to establish and maintain a list of high priority chemicals of concern for children’s health and includes the following provisions:
- Requires that the Oregon Health Authority to establish and maintain a list of designated high priority chemicals of concern for children's health used in children's products and to periodically review and revise the list;
- Requires the Authority to post the information on the Authority's website;
- Requires manufacturers of certain children's products to provide notice to the Authority regarding chemicals on list;
- Requires certain manufacturers to take additional actions after specified dates to comply with notice requirement
- Establishes a High Priority Chemicals of Concern for Children's Health Fund
- If approved, the provisions of the bill will be in effect on January 1, 2016.